Tuesday, November 29, 2011

IT'S A GIRL!!

Holy Cow! It's a girl!!

I had my 20 week ultrasound today and everything is checking out well and it's a girl!! I still can't believe it. I had just assumed that it was going to be another boy (and I would have been just as excited for boy #3), but boy, is it a paradigm shift to know that we will have a little girl in the house next spring! It took quite a while to see what was between those little legs. She had them closed tightly and finally, after we got a peek, she kept hiding her little face, so it took even longer to see her little profile. I think she's cute, but Jesse just said that everyone thinks their own child is cute. duh.

Jesse had the typical Jesse reaction: a little smirk on his face. Later, he said he was excited and that he knew it was a girl.

I'm excited to go shopping on the other girly side of all the kids' clothing stores now. I have to admit, I feel a little lost. I browsed some of the clothes at Target and Old Navy and it's like a whole other world that I've admired from afar, but now it's about to consume me...

Now to come up with a name.... Jesse has his choice. He's had it since he thought Sloan was going to be a girl. We shall see what the negotiations bring forth...

here's a picture of her profile!

3 comments:

  1. She's precious! Congratulations! I know that if we were to have a girl, we would be flat BROKE. I also admire the other side of the children's clothing department and wish I could buy those cute dresses and shoes. Happy shopping! I can't wait to meet your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, the clothes. The clothes. They are so wonderful. I am so happy for you all! Oh, and I vote with Jesse on names because I think I remember his choice and it's a beautiful name and goes very well with your last name and the first time I had a daughter, my husband chose her name and I just think there is something very sweet about a daddy choosing his daughter's name. (Especially when it's a really great name.) Can't wait to spoil the littlest Blackwell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for girls and pink things!! Is it me or does she look like Sloan?!!

    ReplyDelete