Thursday, October 4, 2012

5k: check

Last Saturday I ran my first 5k! Woohoo! It poured rain the entire time, sometimes sideways. By the time I was finished, my clothes were so wet it felt like I'd jumped in a pool with everything on. But it was fun! The first mile was the hardest- it always is for me, then I start to feel like my body has accepted that it's running and starts to coast. In fact, when I finished, my husband started saying it would be cool if I ran in stuff like the Boston marathon. Whoa. What? That's my hubby: always dreaming bigger than I ever would dare, but my life would be less exciting and simply Less if it weren't for him. Maybe one day- far far down the road. Far.
The best moment of my 5k: at the end seeing my little family under their umbrellas cheering me on! (And Sloan in his bathrobe too).

1 comment: