Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tooth crazy

Jackson has had his first loose tooth for the past two months. Looser and looser it would get, but he wouldn't pull it. He would let anyone and everyone wiggle it. And just FYI, it completely grossed and freaked me out at all the adults that would put their finger in his mouth to wiggle his tooth!! I had to lecture him and a few adult friends about germs and the general nastiness of this. I put an end to that. Blech. I still shudder when I think about the random dirty hands touching that tooth...

Anyway, this whole week, the tooth has been just barely hanging on. He's been eating like a dog gnawing a bone- with one side of his back teeth (it the front bottom tooth that was loose). Sunday we were at a friend's house and she tried and tried to pull it and even tried bribing him with froyo. We all spent about an hour in the bathroom convincing him to let one of us pull it to no avail. So last night, after hours of agony in trying to let him pull it or let him let me pull it, I finally got a grip on the sucker and yanked it out. (After letting him take some ibuprofen and convincing him it would not hurt) Well, not really yanked, more like plucked. It was so loose it didn't even deserve to be there. And what do you know, he agreed it didn't hurt.

Now, the tooth fairy is $3 poorer ( seriously, his buddy at school got $3 for a tooth and thus, has set the standard...which makes me think he needs friends with cheaper parents. I was thinking more like $1 was good- he does, after all have about 30 teeth o lose over his childhood, right??).

No comments:

Post a Comment