Thursday, March 15, 2012

Evicted

Big things have been happening this week.  It's spring break and Sloan has been sleeping in his big boy bed/bunk for the past 4 nights! (and naps too!!).  WOOHOO!  I was beginning to give up hope that he'd be out of the nursery until many months after Abby was here, but one night when we were gettting ready to put him to bed, he said, "I sleep in big boy bed?"  Now, he's said this before, but we've been too exhausted to deal with the inevitable craziness and excitedness that comes with sleeping in the same room with big brother to let him do it.  However, this night, I figured, eh, why not??  If he's actually asking, then we should probably take advantage of it.  So, after an hour and a half of listening to him and Jackson chatter back and forth, they both fell asleep!  Then, the next day, he successfully went down for a nap and stayed asleep in his bed!!  Besides just being happy that he's out of the nursery, I'm actually really excited about my boys sharing a room.  They are both really happy about it and excited and I really hope that this is the beginning of a strong bond between them.  I hope they become playmates and friends now that they are going to be sharing a room.  I don't know, but it makes me think of the future where they are grown and they talk about the old days when they did crazy/fun stuff in the room they shared together...

On a very related note, since Sloan is out of the nursery for good, I can FINALLY finish it.  We raised the mattress on the crib and put in the girlie girl bedding!  Her clothes are even in the drawers!  For some reason, having a room ready and waiting for her arrival makes it seem all the more real---as if feeling her sit on my sciatic nerve, kick my ribs, give me heartburn, and make my sleep uncomfortable don't make it real enough.  But, there's something about seeing this girl's room made up and waiting for her makes me all the more excited to meet her!

Bedding from Pottery Barn Kids

Pouf from CB2

Chair: Ikea

biggest brother checking out the new digs.

little big brother trying on the baby towel

2 comments: