Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chalkboard project

Chalkboards and chalkboard art are uber chic right now. I've been wanting a framed chalkboard for my entryway for, like, ever! ;) but I could never find what I wanted for cheap, so I've been formulating how to make one myself. Translation: make a chalkboard for cheap and easy. Cheap and easy. That's me...ha! ;)

Seriously, though, I think I figured it out. I bought an ornate frame from hobby lobby for half price (although I would have preferred one from goodwill) and found a thin painting canvas that fit in it. I painted the canvas with chalkboard paint and painted the frame with green "olive" paint and superglued that bad boy together. After it all dried, I pinterested (verb; synonymous to googling, but done on Pinterest) chalkboard art and voila! Entryway chalkboard.
I did consider spray painting the frame for a more modern, consistent coverage because the gold ended up showing through the brushed on paint, but I think I like the muted look.









No comments:

Post a Comment