Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fighting the good fight.

I try to make my house pretty and an enjoyable place for me to live and friends to visit.  I'm alone in this endeavor.  These people that live with me (husband and two boys) put up a fight...or at least they subconsciously put up a fight.  The boys are too young to know better, and my husband tries his best to pick up and put things back where they go, but sometimes it feels like I'm the only one fighting the good fight to keep our home nice....

Exhibit A: this tissue box cover.  How cute is this cover that I ordered from Pottery Barn?  Or maybe I shoudl ask: how cute is this cover if it were put on rightside up??  It conceals ugly tissue boxes (because I have yet to find a nice tissue box for tissues with aloe...I have a sensitive nose...) and I even had it monogrammed with a B for Blackwell.  My hypothesis is that one child took off the cover and one husband put it back on, but did so upside down so that the kleenex are easier to get to.  Um, great, but the B is upside down and backwards. 
We.must.not.stop.fighting.

1 comment: