Friday, August 5, 2011

Beautiful and Amazing

Today, our last day of vacation in Michigan, we went to the BIG lake.  Lake Michigan--a part of the lake where Otter creek runs into Lake Michigan.  We used to come here a lot when we lived here before, and just as I remembered, it is an amazing place!  I took a bajillion pictures, so you will definitely see them soon when I get a chance to upload all 500+ photos onto my computer at home! 

One of the many highlights of the day:  Papa (my dad) caught a couple of little fish (they looked like sardines to me, but who knows) and they were "adopted" by Sloan and Jackson as pets.  Sadly, this adoption did not end happily...the fish were man-handled, or rather, boy-handled and died, but that didn't keep them from being held in hand as pets... 

Jackson's adventure up north has left him grasping for adjectives to describe his experience.  This morning, when he got his little fish:  "This fish is BEAUTIFUL papa!"  and when he found a rock that he liked: "this rock is AMAZING!"    sigh.  It's been a good vacation.  We have made lots of memories.  I would love to make this a yearly trip, but we shall see.  We definitely have to come back so Sloan can have more vivid memories of the place.

Hope you all get to have, or have had a chance to have a wonderful, memory making vacation such as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment