Thursday, August 30, 2012

No looking back

The first day of kindergarten is over and done with. He was all smiles when he got in the car and told me all about what he did that day (which is pretty good for a kid that usually tells me one thing, if that, about his day). I asked if he wanted to go back the next day and he was adamant that he did. The boy has gone off to school and there's no looking back for him.

In fact, he asked if he could stay in the after school care that is for kids whose parents both work and can't pick them up until later. WHAT?! This kid does not get that it is a privilege to be able to have a stay at home mom. I told him he was lucky I get pick him up and he doesnt have to stay. I'm not sure he agreed, but I made him brownies for an after school snack to win him over to my side. I might have added that those kids dont get brownies and special after school snacks...

He might not be looking back, but he's going to feel me holding on to him, dragging behind him holding on for dear life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment