Sunday, December 12, 2010

Better than your average Egg Nog


I hosted my first ever cookie exchange party this weekend and had a fun time chit chatting with lovely girlfriends.  Thanks, ladies, for coming!  We munched on cookies and enjoyed my holiday staple drink: Egg nog punch.  I made this punch for all the Christmas parties that we hosted for my husband's employees at his old company.  It's SOOOOO easy!  I'm not an egg nog fan in general, but this drink is lighter tasting and easier to drink than traditional egg nog...despite the ingredients called for in it!  Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Egg Nog Punch

1/2 gallon French Vanilla or Vanilla Bean ice cream
2 quarts egg nog, chilled
1 liter cream soda
Cinnamon for garnish

add semi-melted ice cream to large punch bowl with egg nog and cream soda.  Stir to combine until ice cream is completely melted.  Sprinkle cinnamon on top or sprinkle cinnamon on each cup served!

1 comment: