Friday, December 10, 2010

Perspective

Today, I'm just thankful for the over abundant blessings in my life.  Sometimes I catch myself complaining and wanting things that I don't have and think that I should. I have lists of things I would like to buy for myself and for my house.  Clothes, furniture, curtains, outdoor furniture, boots, etc.  When it comes down to it, I admit that I do like material things, but that does not mean I am a materialist.  Sometimes I get caught up in it all and forget my blessings, but today, I am feeling almost embarrassed by how blessed I am.

I have a beautiful house that I dreamed and designed.  I have a wonderful, loving, hardworking husband who loves me.  I have parents and a brother who love me and are a big part of my life.  I am blessed to have easily gotten pregnant with two beautiful baby boys and carried them to term.  I am blessed to be able to choose to stay home and raise them instead of having to go to work.  I am blessed to have a law degree that I can use if I choose to go back to work.  I am blessed to have a car with air conditioning, heat, lights that work, etc.

Sometimes it feels silly to talk/blog about home furnishings and decor, but it is something that I enjoy.  It's a hobby for me.  I will continue to talk/blog about design and home decor because I don't think that God wants us to be unhappy and miserable, but He wants us to enjoy the blessings that He bestows on us and to share them with others.  So, this post is just for a little perspective that we should all look at what we do have instead of what we don't have.  No matter how little you think you have, the Lord has blessed you in some way.  If you're not sure, then ask someone to point out a blessing to you!

1 comment: