Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Stinnett Mill update

I talked to my friend/husband's-business partner's wife yesterday.  She just had their FOURTH child, so I went to visit the new little one and bring them dinner.  She's a cutie, that one!  We also talked about their BIG project on the mill and how it's just now getting underway!  I don't have any pictures yet, but I saw some of the remodel plans and it's going to look fantastic!  They literally just started and have only torn out the blue (yes, blue) carpet in the upstairs area.  Keep an eye out for more updates as I make time to go down there and get some pictures!

In the meantime, enjoy these pics of these two planters that I bought at Lowes a few weeks ago.  They are cast to look like little river rocks.  SO cute.  They were $60 a piece, but they had a few chips on them so I asked if I could get a discount.  The sales girl offered me 10%.  My husband said no way, so I asked her to ask her manager if they could do better than that, seeing as they were the last two planters left and they both had chips.  Sure enough...he gave me 50% off!  I got both for the price of one!  That's my kind of deal!  After he gave us that discount, my husband asked if he would take half off the poinsettias because there were a few brown leaves....sigh.  It never hurts to ask, but he gets a little carried away sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment