Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No place like home

My hubby and I got back from a vacation in Puerto Rico yesterday, and I am SOOO glad to be home!  I've always loved traveling and going places, but lately, I am just content to be home.  Maybe this is because I have children and they didn't go with me?  Or maybe because now that I travel as a responsible adult, I find it a pain in the butt to be gone from my routine for days on end.  I like my routine.  I like my everyday, even though I complain about it sometimes.  It was easier to be away from "home" for days or weeks on end before I had kids and before I had a husband.  I remember going to China and Korea and then Europe a couple years after for weeks at a time, and not having this same sense of relief at the end of the trip that I was "home again".  Nowadays, there really is no place like home.  Maybe that's why I obsess over decorating, furniture arrangments, floorplans, etc.  I really want my home to be comfortable and perfect for me and my family.  And, I think it pretty much is.  I am more than content.  I am happiest in my home.

That being said, Puerto Rico was beautiful and I will post pics in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment