Saturday, April 2, 2011

What's going on??

So lots of people, it seems, have been asking me what's been going on lately.  In my head, my answer is, lots of stuff, but not much.  We are busy with the everyday things and sometimes it's not that exciting or news worthy.  So, here are the non-major developments in the Blackwell world, in order from most un-exciting, to not that exciting to you, but maybe to me...

I rearranged my living room for some excitement.  But only because I really want two new couches, but my husband said I was crazy because we just bought this sectional a couple of years ago, so this is the next best thing, right?  Just move the furniture so it feels new?? Right?? Anyone??  He just does not understand that design and style keep moving forward, so shouldn't our furniture????  haha.

On a serious note, it does make the room seem larger because the couch is not in the very middle of the room.  Not sure if I like it, but will keep it for the time being

The other day, Jackson had to sit in the time out corner, and because Sloan does all things Jackson, he had to take his own turn in the timeout corner.  Hmmmm... maybe this will mean he will happily obey when he actually has to go to timeout????  (one can hope)


This one truly is exciting:  Jackson sharing his frozen yogurt with Sloan.  I always make a huge deal out of sharing because I know it is not really in our nature to share, so I do all I can to encourage it!


2 comments:

  1. I avoid change like the plague so good for you for trying someting new! In that first photo it looks like it really opens up the room/flow into the kitchen area. I'll have to see it in person to get a good feel. :) Your home is gorgous!

    ReplyDelete