Thursday, January 26, 2012

Accessories for accessories

I have been accumulating clothing and hair accessories and shoes, etc. for Abby Claire's arrival, which is just under 3 months away!!  It is SO SO SO SO much fun shopping for girl clothes!  She's not even here yet and I might need an intervention...

I've got a little collection of hair accessories started already.  It is so different from boys: with boys, they don't have but a couple of hats, if that, so there's no worry about where to put their accessories.  Boys don't come with extra accessories.  Girls, apparently do.  So, with the hair accessories stacking up already, I have been looking for a way to organize hair bands and clips in a cute way.  I googled some ideas and came up with my own design, which is a combination of ideas I saw online.  What did we do before we had the internet???  Anyway, I would love your opinion:

I bought an empty frame at Hobby Lobby, spray painted it bubble gum pink.  Then, I drilled holes along the bottom for cup hooks.  Next, I found pink and black grosgrain ribbon and staple gunned the ribbon in rows along the back.  THe frame was the most expensive part.  You could save even more $$ by salvaging a frame you already have or finding one at Goodwill, etc.

The ribbon holds hairclips and the cuphooks are perfect for hairbands (and maybe eventually necklaces??)

On a side note, Sloan still insists on sleeping in the "baby room".  Too bad he's too young to care that it's becoming more pink by the day, or else that would probably be incentive enough for him to move out.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Are you going to have her wear bows too? I've seen some cute ideas for "bow trees" that I'm praying I get to make one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too. I may steal the idea, actually, because organizing hair accessories for two girls is getting complicated. Also, you just wait until you see how stinking cute she looks in this stuff....it only gets worse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, too! I actually made a grown-up version of that for myself, for necklaces and dangling earrings, this summer. So far, I've just kept Annika's bows in a basket under the sink, but this is far cuter.

    ReplyDelete