Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bathroom redo

Since we are about to welcome a baby girl into our family, I figured that the bathroom she would share with her older brothers should be gender neutral instead of truck/transportation themed.  Not that she would care until later in life, but I'll admit that I watned to refresh their bathroom anyway.  Plus, it's also the bathroom our guests use, so I made it a little more age-neutral too.

Basically, I just bought a new shower curtain, hung a new picture and removed the towel bar (which, I don't know why I had one put in in the first place) and replaced it with a coat rack.  Reality decorating tip:  while towel bars are nice, I have come to find out through practical application that towel bars are NOT our everyday friends, therefore, it's something I don't need in my life.  What I'm saying is that when you have towels on the towel bar, they look nice when folded up perfectly and no one uses them.  The problem is when they are used, they are wet and get hung back up on the bar and are (1) not folded nicely and (2) can't be folded nicely because they need to dry.  So, my solution in all our bathrooms has been to use robe/coat hooks.

Shower curtain: Potterybarn. Shelves: Land of Nod

Frame: Potterybarn Kids clearance. Picture: vintage postcard from Chicago's world fair depicting the world's first ferris wheel (a special place for us), coat rack: Ikea

Frames: Ikea-they hold pics of my boys' names written in the sand on the beach of Lake Michigan and I have a spare one for Abby Claire. Towel: Potterybarn

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I have a question, do the towels get all dry when hanging on a hook if you use them 2 days in a row?

    Love the kids names in the sand, super cute!!

    ReplyDelete