Monday, January 9, 2012

Nursery chair

After going back and forth trying to convince myself (for months) that I needed the nursery glider from Pottery Barn Kids (PBK), I cheaped out.  I bought the $200 JennyLund Ektorp chair from Ikea.  In the end, I couldn't justify spending $1,000 on a chair for a nursery.  Especially on my third kid, who will probably not even get nursed in the nursery glider half the time.  Not with two older brothers roaming the house freely, and not if I can't get Sloan to move out of the nursery until summer time- a good two months after the girl will be born. 

So, Abigail Claire, we will enjoy $800 in our pockets and sitting in a $200 chair.  Your daddy is very happy that I cheaped out too...but I didn't tell him how much the PBK one was until after I decided to buy the Ikea one. 

1 comment:

  1. That's okay - I think we spent around $750 for our glider - but it also came with the matching ottoman. I have to say, it has gotten a lot of use. I think we got our money's worth. :) I think about it now about how much we spent for a chair and I'm like, geesh!, but at the time, I just HAD to have it.

    ReplyDelete