Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Simple but complicated

I've decided that I am going to make homemade bread.  So, I've tried.  So far, homemade bread 2 points, me 1/2 point.  I only give myself a half point because the last batch I made my husband declared them "not bad".  Which, is an improvement from the loaves of cement I baked the first time around.  I'm on recipe number three, which I got on Allrecipes.com.  As I type, the dough is rising, so I'll have to give you the results next post.  I never would have though bread would be one of the more difficult things to bake.  I consider myself a good baker, but man! bread is kicking my buns (pun intended).  I am finding out that it is more of an artform than just straight following the recipe.   Bread: simple, yet complicated.

Something else that is not really simple yet complicated, but rather more bittersweet: Jackson (5) and his relationship with his daddy.  Sweet because it seems that this is the year that daddy has become his hero- the man who can do anything, is bigger than anyone, and knows all about everything interesting.  Just a tiny bit bitter because before now, I've been the superstar around here in his eyes.  Mommy is the most important person around for those first few years (and thankfully, I have one more and one on the way who still think that).  The sweet definitely outweighs the bitter (the bitter is really only miniscule).  I am so thankful that I have a husband who is a wonderful daddy, man of God who leads my family and is the best.possible. role model for my children.  Afterall, I do believe God intended for fathers to larger-than-life in their childen's eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment