Sunday, March 6, 2011

A baby shower

Yesterday I hosted (with the help of a couple of ladies) a baby shower for my dear friend who is having her third baby (second girl).  This mama is not only a good friend of mine, but our sons are sweet friends too who love playing together.  I can't wait to meet her new little girl in just a few more weeks!  It was fun to decorate with pink and girly things like flowers since I don't have any girls myself.  The theme was Gerbera daisies in red, pink, and yellow (with a touch of orange and blue too).  I took a couple pictures, but my friend, Molly Winn, who is a photographer graciously took my camera and snapped most of these photos.  It just goes to show, you can have a decent camera, but you still have to have some skillz to get great shots. 

The mama to be of 3.


I made the cake using my no-fail chocolate cake recipe.  I've never met anyone who doesn't love it.

One of the ladies who helped me throw the shower, made the cutest diaper cake, which sadly, I did not get a picture of, but you can see it here in the background next to the tulips and the canvas painting.  I hate that I didn't get a picture of it!




Jelly Bellys in coordinating colors, of course! and a picture frame with an "A" for Anna, the new baby's name!



2 comments:

  1. It was a lovely shower and the cake was DIVINE! Thanks for hosting, so fun to be in your lovely home with sweet ladies eating the best.cake.ever.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! This cake is awesome - I'm sure it tasted even better than it looked!

    ReplyDelete