Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Drum roll please....the Picnic table!

Hallelujah!  The picnic table is done!!  I like to do things quickly and immediately.  This picnic table would not let me do either of those things.  I bought the darn thing on Craigslist back in June or July and finally finished it a week ago.  WOOHOO!  It took so long because I had to sand off the top layer of polyurethane and bad wood so that I could stain the top of the table and benches.  Normally, I would just paint over the entire thing, but the table is made out of a Brazilian hard wood, so it was too beautiful NOT to refinish it. 

Enjoy the fruits of my labor:


BEFORE:

I didn't mind the original green legs, but they totally clashed with the green color of my house, so they had to be painted as well.

The table had been left outside in an uncovered area, so the wood was weathered.

If you'll notice the baby monitor and the sandpaper on the table.  One reason this darn thing took so long was because I could only work on it when Sloan was asleep!


AFTER:

My dog is trying to take some of the credit for the table...he did keep me company some days, I'll give him that.

I painted the legs Cottage Black, which is not a true black, but more of a charcoal.  It goes well with my patio furniture that is a black metal finish.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! I need you closer to me to help with the projects in my life! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLLA!!! It looks amazing Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete