Monday, March 28, 2011

Bluebonnets: Fail

Spring has sprung in Central Texas, and that means bluebonnets are popping up everywhere!  For those of you who are not familiar with all things Texas, the bluebonnet is the state flower and the road maintenance and ground crews across the state stop mowing the grasses along the highways and roads and parks so that we can all enjoy the bluebonnets.  Also, it is a Texas tradition to take pictures in the bluebonnets of your kids, pets, etc.  Today, we tried.  I took eleventy billion pictures and this is what we got...

Me:  Jackson, go get your brother so we can take pictures

Well, technically he got him...

The only way to keep Sloan in one place is to apply your own body weight...

Jackson thoroughly enjoyed it...ha.

Jackson and Sloan: we're outta here, mom!

Another try at the two of them together...

One of Sloan taken on the run

This pretty much sums up the whole time we were there...one kid close by, but not facing me, and the other far away not smiling.


Again, Jackson is totally enjoying himself...

a dirty look??

Finally!  A chance to play on the playground!

AND......pretty much the only decent one.  sigh.  We'll try again next week....
We'll go back for another try in a week or so when the flowers have really bloomed a lot more and thickened up.  Also, I made a mental note NOT to go immediately after naps.  Hopefully next time I only need to take eleventy million photos...

3 comments:

  1. My bluebonnet pics attempt was a fail last year! How freak'in precious are the boys?!?! Sloan is so big. I seriously would not have even recognized him...he has changed so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, oh, man. this cracked me up. Somehow I am sure you'll love these particular photos someday, even if you get better ones next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not easy I tell ya! Good for you for being intentional to do it! I'm learning more and more how much Texans love those blue bonnets!! (and I still can't get over how Jackson=Jenny, Sloan=Jesse!! unreal!)

    ReplyDelete