Friday, March 11, 2011

Making the most

I told myself the other day, "Self, you only get one shot at today, so make it good."  I was inspired to be the best mommy and the best wife, etc.  Then, life happened.  It's not that I've been the worst mommy or the worst wife, but I got tired.  Sleep would definitely help me make the most out of my one shot at today.

So, while I may have inspired myself with that little quote, I also discouraged myself because there are little things that make me frustrated or things that just have to be done (like laundry) that makes it hard to have a gangbusters day.



 Living life to the fullest everyday is a bit daunting...especially when you have responsibilities: work, laundry, cooking, cleaning, driving to the store, or whatever it is that needs to be taken care of today.  These little things don't seem to fit into the idea of living life to the fullest and making the most of today.   Laudry just does not fall remotely into the category of "perfect day".  But, why does making the most of a day have to mean perfect?  I think what I should be aiming for instead, is to make the most of the task at hand.  Do the laundry to the best of my ability (which wouldn't seem like much, but I despise doing laundry). Organize the toys to the best of my ability.  Play with my children more instead of finding something else around the house that needs to be done.  Go get frozen yogurt after naptime to reward Jackson for helping me sort through toys to keep and toys to give away. Etc, etc.

I just need to remember that making the most of today can be something as simple as looking for cool rocks with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment