Monday, May 9, 2011

A baby shower: take 2

I had the privilege of hosting a dear dear friend's baby shower at my house with the help of 5 other ladies!  This will be my friend's first baby, so it was a big deal and I am so glad it went well.  We based the decor around the bedding from Serena and Lily, which was blue, orange and white--this was perfect because orange is my favorite color so my house pretty much matched the theme!  Thanks to the help of the other hostesses, all I did was make the cake and send out invites and get flowers!  The rest came together because of them!


The mommy to be!

One of the other hostesses made these pompoms-aren't they so cute!!


We set up a candy bar so guests could take a bag of candy as a favor when they left: it was a big hit!



The cake.  made to match the bedding.

The super cute diaper cake and blue hydrangeas in an orange bucket, of course

The spread of deliciousness!

One of the lovely co-hosts made not only the pompoms and the diaper cake, but this yarn wreath as well!  It's got all the stats on it ready to fill out so this can be hung on the hospital door!

Now that the shower is over, I can't wait to meet little Reid!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, you out-did yourself yet again with that cake! Its awe.some.! I only wish I could've EATEN it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you for posting these!! Your pictures are way cuter than mine! :) I still can't believe we already had the shower... it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete