Thursday, May 12, 2011

The ottoman, part deux

Okay, so remember the ottoman that I made?  I thought it was pretty snazzy and was pretty proud of myself for fabricating the entire thing.  Well, now I know that I cannot compete with furniture manufacturing companies...why??  My button tufting is apparently not up to par with professionals as evidenced by the fact that my boys pulled off every.single.button.  Then, I replaced every.single.button.  and even used superglue!  But, my boys have been blessed (?) with freakishly strong hands/fingers and they pried off every.single.superglued.button.again.  Sheesh!  So, I decided to completely recover the darn thing and be rid of the buttons.  So I did on the morning that I hosted the babyshower (yes, I am a freak and didn't think about what the consequences may be if the thing didn't turn out quite the way I'd hoped and had a half covered ottoman for all the people at the shower to look at, but it did, thankfully!).

The fabric is a little out there, but there's something about it that I really liked and it has all my favorite colors in it.  My husband gave me the "hmm...so you recovered this? what was wrong with it before?" statement which means that he definitely would not have picked out this fabric (but then, when would he EVER pick out a fabric??) and in his opinion, it is way too crazy.  Oh well.  I like it.  For now.  Until my kids have a go at it.


the newly recovered ottoman, in all its untufted glory.

1 comment: