Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Outdoor curtains

This little project started because we love having dinner outside on our screen porch, but just as it's time for dinner, it is also time for the sun to shine right into our faces when we sit at the table!  So, I devised (brilliantly, in my mind) this little set up:

 Yes, it's a bedsheet.  And yes, it served its purpose.  But, can you believe that it was so ghetto that my husband actually TOLD me to get outdoor curtains?!?  So I did.  Because I knew he was right.  We couldn't leave a ghetto bedsheet thumbtacked to the wall for eternity.  I ordered outdoor curtains and rods from Pottery Barn.  The instructions said it was a two person job, but they have never met this girl who is impatient (dumb?) enough to do any kind of project on her own.  It actually was easier than installing curtains inside the house.  Love the rods and love the curtains, and the feeling they give- they make the porch seem even more like a "room" in my house!



ahhh, much better.  And of course, my husband likes them too...after I called his attention to them when he walked right past them without noticing them.

1 comment: