Monday, November 29, 2010

My dog Brodie

I used to celebrate my dogs' birthdays when they came around, but after two kids, it's hard to make an additional effort to remember.  I remember about a month later.  Well, this past November, my dog Brodie turned 8.  This post is about him! 

He is the best dog I'ver ever had...and that's saying a lot because I've had a few pretty awesome dogs in my life.  He is a full blood pitbull.  We brought him home when he was six weeks old and weighed 6 pounds.  Our chihuahua was bigger than he was.  Now, he weighs 70 pounds.  Even though he is 8 years old, he still has the heart of a puppy.  He frolicks in the backyard and plays ball with all his heart.   The fact that he is a pitbull makes me love him more.  For those of you who are prejudiced against pitbulls, you need to meet Brodie.  He is a people dog and loves attention.  I have raised my two boys with him in our house and my boys love him and he loves my boys--especially when they feed him human food!  Sloan, my baby, loves to climb on him and pat him on the head.  Brodie just lays there and lets him do it.  If he doesn't want that kind of attention, he gets up and walks away.  He has never been aggressive towards either Jackson or Sloan. 

He is the perfect family dog!  Do some research on pitbulls.  Originally, they were bred to be people dogs and their personalities reflect this.  It is a horrible horrible circumstance that some people have chosen to train and teach these dogs to fight and be aggressive.  That is not their nature, and if raised in a loving home that teaches them boundaries and the correct way to behave, they are the most wondeful pets!

Happy birthday, Brodie!  We love you (even if you are spoiled rotten).

No comments:

Post a Comment