Friday, September 7, 2012

Forever 21?

My brother is getting married in two weeks. It's a huge deal because he's 7 years older than me, never been married and we thought he never would. But, turns out his future bride was so much younger than him that he had to wait this long. She's ten years younger. (unrelated side note: there are lots of spelling etc errors in my posts lately that drive me crazy bc I am typing on my iPad or iPhone. But, I'm blogging, so I can deal with it and I hope you can too!).

Anyway, back to the wedding of the decade. I'm a bridesmaid. She told us to get blushy/pink/beigy dresses. (insert head smack). I get where she's going because I've seen her pinterest posts, but it's been ridiculous to coordinate with the other ladies, whom I do not even know. Oh, and I have to wear said dress five months after giving birth to my third child. Spanx, anyone? Wonder if doubling up on the spanx would make me twice as skinny...

So, in search of this mythical dress color, I have bought no less than 6 dresses. I've returned all but two. The latest one I found at Forever 21. Which, is really subject of this post. I've never been inside forever 21. Mainly because I thought it was for teenagery girls and clearly, I, dragging two of my kids into the store, do not fall into that category. But, I saw this dress that seemed the perfect color in the window. So I dared to venture into Forever 21. I'm not gonna lie, I half expected the sales lady to stop me, say "sorry ma'am, but can I see your ID? We only let people 24 or below shop here. And that's even pushing it.". But, surprisingly, I was left unaccosted. I grabbed the dress and headed for the nearest dressing room. Turns out, the only dressing room was up a short flight of stairs...with no ramp..for my double stroller that obviously screams "I am not 21". But wait! There was a fancy wheelchair lift beside the stairs! I load my kids in and pressed the button. Nothing happened. I'll spare the details, but five mintues later (no joke) I ended up grabbing my un-21 like double stroller and hauling it up the 6 steps like the hulk with my two year old behind me. Success! Finally, I tried it on. Perfect fit, perfect color! And cheap too! But it was see-through chiffon. Dang. I needed a slip. So, at the register, I asked the sales girl if they sold slips. You would have thought that I asked her if she sold dentures there. Sigh. I paid, then took my very non-21 year old butt to Dillards and bought a slip in what was pretty likely the old lady under garment section.

I will post pics of the dress, if I decide on that one, after the wedding. With all that effort, it will likely be the one!

2 comments: