Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Potty training. Ugh.

Sloan has decided that he needs to be potty trained. I'm not ready. The one thing I hate about parenthood is potty training. I'd rather leave it up I peer pressure when they go to school... I know, I know, bad mommy.

I did the "potty training in a day" with my first. That is easy to do when you only have one child. You can stay home all day and put him on the potty every 30 minutes. This just doesn't happen when there's 3 kids running around.

It all started with toy story underwear he found at target. He loved them so I figured sure, why not? He's been great in the morning and then after nap he would tell me he had to go after the fact. That was the first week. I haven't been pushing it at all. I'm not interested. (who's the child here??). But, Sloan is nothing if not persistent. So, we keep at it. Of course, he always has to go just when I sit down I nurse Abby. I've gotten good at ripping off pants and a diaper with one hand while holding my nursing baby in the other. I'm sure glad no one else lives with us to see this spectacle.

Anyway, the last two days he's been great. I think it's just becoming aware that he has to go and telling me before he goes. He's a smart kiddo who is VERY verbal, so that's not a problem. The only regret I have is that we are leaving on a road trip to Georgia in three weeks. Road trip and potty training do not mix. Sigh. We are in too deep to stop now.

On the plus side, no more poopy diapers from him. Poopy diapers from bigger kids are just plain awful. As Sloan has discovered in the pic below. Now he knows what we've been dealing with!

1 comment: