Friday, September 14, 2012

Italian chicken recipe

I made the Italian chicken dish last night and it was delish! I recommend it for it's tastiness and simplicity in preparation.

Recipe:

-4-8 boneless chicken breast (depending on how many you are feeding. It really is this flexible)
- one can artichoke hearts chopped
- 5 large diced Roma tomatoes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- fresh basil
- mozzarella (I used fresh mozzarella and used about one cup, although the bagged kind would be just as good)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 T flour
-extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper

Mix artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, sugar and flour in a bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and arrange over artichoke mixture

Bake at 350 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle/ cover with mozzarella cheese and bake 5-10 minutes until brown and bubbly. I actually turned on the low broiler to get it brown since I used fresh mozzarella.

Remove from oven and sprinkle sliced fresh basil over dish.

I served this over whole wheat spaghetti and thought it was SO good. Can't wait to eat the leftovers tonight!

1 comment: