Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm sorry, but do we know each other??

The other day my husband went to help my elderly neighbor move a chair in her living room. She bought a new one apparently and needed to move an old one. He made quick work and was back in 5 minutes... Pulling a recliner set precariously on top of our kids' wagon. I thought it was for the trash, but he walked right by the trash and went straight into our garage and set it down. Whaaat?? I asked him what he was doing with a blue recliner?? He said he was going to put it on the screen porch! Whaaat?? The screen porch?!? Seriously!! I know!! Can you believe it??! Me neither!!
I quickly told him NO and MAYBE he could put it up in the game room. Maybe. He responded that he wasn't hauling it up the stairs. Blah blah hideous blah. Long story short, I am about to list it on Craigslist.

I am just flabbergasted by this whole sequence of events. It's like he doesn't even know me. And I made sure when we were dating that there was full disclosure regarding my feelings towards recliners in my house.

Oh, and a side note: I asked what kind of chair the neighbor replaced it with and he said, verbatim, "some uncomfortable flowery chair."

Seriously, I almost asked him if we had ever met before.

The chair (shudder) in all it's glory:

1 comment: