Thursday, October 21, 2010

Do it yourself

I'm a big fan of DIY--especially when it saves money.  One such example is the monogram I painted on my baby Sloan's wall above his crib.  I wanted to put someting above his crib, but since the ceiling slopes down on that wall, there is not much room to hang anything high enough out of his reach, so I couldn't do the traditional picture frames or wall letters spelling out his name.  I had done that with Jackson's nursery anyway, so I was kind of over it.  Then, I was looking through either pottery barn kids or land of nod catalog and found a wall decal that was a circle of dots with 3 initials inside.  It was super cute, but cost $85.00!!  For a little decal!!  I was not about to pay that kind of money, so I figured I would just grab some white paint and go for it!  At the very worst, if it turned out horribly, I could just paint the same robin's egg blue back over it and no one would be the wiser.  I think it turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself.  I went with just one initial--much easier.  The whole thing cost nothing!  I had the paint and brushes already!  Have a lookie:



1 comment: