Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I love my bathroom

When we were building our current house, I kind of got obsessed with tile.  When I say obsessed, I mean, multiple trips to multiple tile stores taking multiple samples home and trying to figure out where else in my house I could put tile--my thoughts were along the lines of: "I wonder if tile would look good on all my living room walls??"

Anyway, it took me a really long time to decide on the type of tile I wanted to use in our bathroom.  I already had the design down, but there's just SO many options when it comes to tile.  Stainless steel tile, natural stone mosaic, glass mosaic, a mixture of glass and stone mosaic (which I used one on my fireplace)...and that's not even counting all the different colors to choose from!  I finally resigned myself to my first choice and it was some consolation to me that one day this will be out of style and I get to redo the bathroom with all NEW tile (and I can only imagine what kind of new, cool tile will be out by then!).  My husband did not want to hear about my remodeling plans in 10 years, though...he's not such a fan of thinking that far ahead...or rather thinking of spending money that far ahead....ha!

Below are some pictures of my master bathroom.  The entire shower and bath wall is mosaic tile.  You can't tell by the picture, but the floor tile has a linen texture to it- very zen-like.  The shower floor is river rock--so loving that.  The tub is extra deep---for my hubby.  He's the bath person in the family, much to everyone's amazement.  I went with a gray color scheme because it is clean and modern and not beige.  I didn't want my house to be overrun with beige/brown (even though I have nothing against beige and brown, I dearly love them, but ya gotta shake it up once in a while).


2 comments:

  1. It really is a beautiful bathroom, I love it too. (although, you may have wanted to move the cup out for the photos, doesn't add to the "zen" vibe -hehe!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It gives it the "lived in" look...haha!

    ReplyDelete