Saturday, October 16, 2010

Stinnett Mill in Salado

My husband's business partner and his wife are in the process of buying this awesome piece of property in Salado.  It used to be a gristmill back in the day and it is right on a beautiful creek in Salado.  They asked me to take a look at it to help them brainstorm about potential ideas for design since it is not your traditional house or floorplan.  I had a great time visiting and hopefully the sale goes through so that they can live on this property and get to remodel the inside!!  Enjoy a few pics.  I am not including the ones of the inside.  I will save those for a later date to compare to the "after" pics.

This is the view of the mill/house when you pull up.  The stone is all original and 14 inches thick!!  The back column with windows is the original grain elevator--very cool and still operable.

 The wrap around porch/balcony.



The other side of the grain elevator.


View of the house from the creek (and my little nugget on the lawn).

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, so cool! I bet you could be a huge help on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mill belonged to my great great grandparents; Joel and Fanny Stinnett or possibly listed under their son's name; George. I want to visit here very much. Please email me at ljcrain2@pgrb.com

    http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~craingen/stinnett.html

    ReplyDelete