Monday, June 20, 2011

I am SO over...

Here's what will probably become a somewhat regular installment, seeing as how I can always find things that bug me...

Today, I am SO over:
Women who wear skimpy, tight outfits to the gym to "work out" in. 

I don't even go to a place like Gold's Gym anymore, where you kind of expect some of that.  I go to the Family YMCA (or rather, the Y, as they have now legally changed their name, but anyhoo).  I'm a serious worker outer.  I sweat. a lot. I don't wear full makeup and I don't do my hair up all nice and cute.  The LAST thing I want/need to see is some other lady setting herself up next to me with her teensy tinsy little tshirt that is basically see-through so you can see her bra (and mind you, it's not even a sports bra!) with little bitty tiny shorts that were probably bought/borrowed from a tweener.  I don't look good to go to the gym.  I'm not there to impress anyone else and it is BEYOND me as to why someone would dress like they are trying to pick up a date at a family place.  I almost feel sorry for someone who feels the need to dress like that to get attention.

 So, today, after running 2.5 miles in record time for me, I went and lifted weights for about 10 minutes until one such lady sat herself next to me.  I couldn't stomach it, so I went and ran another mile.  Just so I wouldn't have to be around that.

Here's to fully clothed, sweaty workouts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment