Thursday, June 30, 2011

teeth whitening: the verdict

After a VERY uncomforable 1.2 hours, my teeth are 2 shades whiter than they were, and after the next two weeks of using the take-home whitening trays, my smile just might blind you! 

I can tell a difference.  My teeth are whiter, but the process was SO uncomfortable and for a brief period, painful!!  I guess I'm a weanie when it comes to mouth pain.  I'd rather go through another c-section instead of professionally whitening my teeth.  I guess there are different levels of whitening and this was the quickest, most intense way to do it. 

Basically, they greased up my lips with a TON of vaseline and put on those cheek expanders.  Then, then they painted on some waxy stuff to protect my gums from the bleach stuff.  Then, they painted the bleach on and shined an extremely warm blue light on my teeth.  They repeat this 4-5 times.  I could only stand to do it 3 times.  My teeth were becoming very sensitive.  She said that a lot of people don't make it through the whole process.  Also, they dont' let you move at all b/c you can easily break off the waxy protective coating--they don't even want you to text or read a book!  You just have to watch TV (which, daytime TV is always boring). Yesterday afternoon and evening, my teeth were extremely sensitive, which was NO fun. 

All in all, I'm glad I did it and had the experience, but I wouldn't do it again.  I'll stick with whitening tooth paste and maybe the occassional Crest white strip after I'm done with these bleaching trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment