Thursday, February 17, 2011

Online shopping

My husband has come to dread the UPS and FedEx delivery trucks.  If they drive past our house, he breathes a sigh of relief because he knows I haven't bought anything online.  If they stop, he looks at me and sometimes asks questions like, "what did we "need" this time??" and sometimes says nothing but shakes his head.  What he doesn't realize, though, is that I save lots more money by buying online than in a physical store.  There are many more online sales and deals than there are in the actual stores of the things that I was already going to buy in the first place.  So, for the most part, his fears are unfounded...for the most part... 

There are few moments, however, and they are few, but there are moments that I get carried away.  I like to "window shop" online and add items to my online cart that 90% of the time never get bought.  It's amazing what things I find online that I didn't know I couldn't live without.  Take for example, Crate and Barrel.  I was just window shopping online this evening and obsessing and drooling over some couches they have that I really really want.  After wiping up my drool getting over it, I headed over to the kitchen gadget section and clicked around there.  And there it was.  A butter warmer for $7.95.  Genius!  I didn't realize that I needed a butter warmer all this time to complete my transformation into a combination of Julia Child and Giada DeLaurentis!!  And it's under $10!!!  Score!!  Then, about 30 seconds later, my logical self seized control once again and I realized I already have a butter warmer.  It's called a microwave.

Now, a 6 pack of smoothie straws for under $4.00???  That's a whole other story....  :)

1 comment:

  1. This cracks me up because I am the exact same way! LOVE to shop online. Maybe more than just plain ole shopping! I can just hear Jesse saying "what did we need this time?!?!" So funny!

    ReplyDelete