Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Racecars are in the blood

If you know my family (or, rather, my husband's family), then you know that motor sports of any kind are in the blood.  My husband has his very own race car and grew up racing dirt bikes and motorcycles (which, I have already made clear our children will not be racing dirt bikes or motorcycles until they are grown, which then they better not tell me about it).  Anyway, my 4 year old is obsessed with racecars, much like any other boy his age, but it's not just an obsession...it's in his blood.  It's race car this, race car that.  Mommy drive faster!  Mommy dont' let that car beat us!  Mommy! I said faster!  Daddy, can I have a race car?  Can I have a red one with black tires? No, I mean an orange one with black tires?  Daddy, can you smoke the tires?....  With this as the music of my daily life, it was not a stretch to make racecars a part of his bedroom decor.  In about a year, my baby, who is one, will be sharing a room with Jackson, the 4 year old.  We will keep the racecar theme, so I have been making and collecting race-car themed items.  Here are two paintings I made to hang over their beds when they do share a room.  Right now, they are just hanging on the wall side by side in Jackson's room.  Despite one being Sloan's (the baby) he wanted them both in there. 

Jackson's favorite color is red, so obviously, his car is red.  Sloan is too young to have a favorite color, so I've designated blue as his color because he has the bluest eyes I'ver ever seen! (which is saying something for being 1/4 Korean!)

1 comment: