Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Making an old armchair new again

Like I said in my previous post, I've been a painting Fool!  One of my victims projects was an old armchair that is the only remaining piece of the dining room set my parents gave us when we bought our first house.  It was really old and had been in storage a while, so I said goodbye to it a couple years ago at a garage sale, but kept this chair because it was the only one with arms and we used it for my son's little highchair (see before pictures).
Before

Just keepin it real: the stains from being used as a highchair.

AFTER:


I bought the fabric from Pottery Barn, which I do not recommend using unless you just really like the fabric, like I did with this one.  It took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to get here, but I really like it because it has my turquoise and orange in it with beige, brown and greens and even yellows.  This fabric is a great jumping off point to bring in other colors.


Future chair model?
 





1 comment: