Monday, January 31, 2011

A painting fool

I've been a painting fool this weekend.  I don't know what has come over me, but I think it might be a combination of the desire to be productive and a desire for new furniture.  Well, I was productive, but I didn't want to spend any money on new furniture, so I painted what I had.  I started, er, continued with sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding (I loathe sanding) and painting my picnic table that I got off Cragslist last summer.  I'm still not done because I only have a few hours during the daylight where I can be outside working on such a messy project without kiddos around.  SOOOOOO... I painted a chair and some side tables.  Here are the sidetables.



These tables have been great because first and foremost, they were free!  The owners of the Maple house left them for us (along with a BUNCH of other furniture, trash, antiques, etc) and I've used them ever since we remodeled that house.  They have nice, heavy marble tops and are made really well.  They were looking a bit beat up and in my quest for new furniture, these fell prey.  I am pleased with how they turned out.  I painted them a creamy white- and it's amazing how much the tables alone brighten up the room.

1 comment: