Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Artist in me

I used to LOVE art classes in school.  I used to draw and occasionally paint on my own time and get lots of enjoyment out of time spent doing so.  I think the last time I painted or drew something was the summer before I went to law school when I had absolutely nothing to do.  That was ten years ago!  Recently I took up painting again and have a few pieces of work to show for it.  I really enjoy my time spent painting when my oldest is at school and my baby is napping.  It's peaceful and quiet and really great alone time.  Very therapeutic for a busy mommy!

For Christmas, I painted a painting to go on top of my entry table.  I knew that I would change it up at some point because I wasn't thrilled with it, but it worked for the time being.  Well, I finally got around to changing it and below is the result.  I painted the names of all the streets that we have lived on.  I also painted a couple of little birds because I have a thing for birds lately.  Not real birds, but decorative birds.  Real birds scare me.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, that turned out so great! You and your amazing talents!

    ReplyDelete