Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Campfires!

We finally got our hole dug in the backyard for campfires and have had quite a few fires in it since doing so.  It was not the easiest of tasks, being in this part of Texas where the ground is all rock/limestone, but with my little helper, Jackson, we knocked it out in a couple of hours!  For now, we just used rocks we found on our property to edge the pit, but I am considering upgrading to prettier, store bought rocks/stones.  I kind of like the rustic feel of this, though, so I'm not sure that it won't stay like this.  The tree stumps are from the dam area of our lake.  We had to get all of the dead trees and small underbrush cleared off the dam and these were leftover after all the clearing.  I think they make cute little stools!

1 comment:

  1. Since I've taken advantage of the fire pit myself I have to say I'm a fan! And the stools are pretty darn cool!

    ReplyDelete