Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pool Planning

Like I said before, I'm a neurotic, obsessive planner.  Soooo...it's only fitting that I start planning for the day we get a pool in our backyard.  It's probably going to happen in 7-10 years.  Just before my remodel of the kitchen and bath (but that's a whole other set of plans....).  Anyhoo, our backyard is a little wooded with a lake.  The lake is not super close to the house, so there's plenty of room for a pool and space to play.  What I haven't decided on yet, in this infancy stage of planning that I am in, is whether to go sleek, modern and geometric shaped, or have an organic, natural shaped pool that would looke more like a natural body of water.  Either way I go, I would like to have it sprayed a dark blue on the bottom, so that it looks like a lagoon.  Here are some pictures that inspire me.  As I said before, I am in the infancy stages of planning and these designs cover a wide range.

 I like the infinity edge on this pool, which would work in my sloped backyard, so that there would be the view of the pool and then the lake, which would be pretty cool.

This also has the infinity edge, but is very crisp and clean. Very appealing to me, but it might not look right with my craftsman style house and wooded lot.

I love this for the organic shape and the dark blue that makes it look like a lagoon.

Maybe this is the best of both worlds.  It is rectangular with a dark blue bottom but placed in a heavily vegetated lot. 

2 comments:

  1. Everyone in Texas needs a pool. Hop on over to 327 Canterbury and swim in theirs;) I am sure they wouldn't mind!!! I miss that pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all beautiful but #2 grabs me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete